Wednesday, November 12, 2008

figs and honey.



Yesterday afternoon, I ran to the store for some milk and eggs. While there, I noticed the beautiful bounty of fresh figs and just couldn't resist buying a pint. They are by far one of my favorite fruits and I think they are absolutely gorgeous.

On my way out of the store, I picked up a small tub of fresh mozzarella and then headed home for my afternoon snack: figs cut open, stuffed with cheese, and drizzled with delicious local wildflower honey. Sound good to you? It sure was.

13 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Yum!! I'd enjoy those succulent figs with agave nectar :-)

Nancy said...

That sounds good!

cindy* said...

yum, i love figs and cheese...and even better (for me) some sort of salty, cured type pork. beautiful!

About this Tim Roth guy... said...

Damn, miss those local figs. I got some of Georgia's bounty earlier in August to make quick fig jam fresh mozzarella and basil crostini. Did New Seasons provide you with these figs and fresh mozz by any chance?

Summer (designismine) said...

New Seasons sure did!

Maya said...

amazing, figs or dates and honey are the absolute most delicious combo!

Jennifer said...

O, how funny...I had some dried figs with local, raw honey and some creme fraiche for dessert last night!

Colin said...

After "absolutely gorgeous", I read the post in my head with Nigella Lawson's voice. It just sounded like something she'd say!

Atomic said...

I LOVE cupcakes soooo much
I'm yoinking idea for a potluck :D

*twirl*

Stacey Snacks said...

figs are my favorite fruit......I am always sad when it is time to put the fig tree away for winter in the Northeast. boo hoo, and lucky you to find fresh figs!!!

Jesse said...

How are you finding fresh figs right now?? No fair!!

bunnee said...

another sublime concoction. thx!!!

Jo. said...

Soooooo simple and so very delicious.